French music trade show Midem is calling on artists, managers, agents, labels and publishers to apply for the 2019 Midem Artist Accelerator 360 programme.
The Midem Artist Accelerator is a boot camp for artists and their entourages intended to support managers, agents, labels and publishers who wish to grow their artists’ profiles globally.
“The Midem Artist Accelerator is your chance to find new partners among decision makers from the global music industry, gain international visibility and get advice from pros to take your artist to the next level,” the Midem website reads.
The preselection and finalists’ announcement will be made at the beginning and end of March respectively.
The deadline for applications is 25 January and interested parties can apply here.
- Be 18 years old or older.
- Be an individual artist or a band.
- Have a dedicated professional supporting team (manager, label, agent etc.).
- Demonstrate media coverage and a solid presence on social networks.
- Have a recording or publishing deal.
- Have a minimum of five official live performances booked between 2018 and 2019.
- Present a career development strategy (including export) with concrete short- and long-term objectives.
- The artist/band must be available to attend Midem from 4 to 7 June 2019 in Cannes, France. The detailed programme of all sessions will be communicated in April.
- In case the artist/band cannot stay the whole duration of the event, at least one person of the team (preferably the manager) must remain available to be eligible for the programme.
- As the case may be, the artist/band is requested to arrive in Cannes at least one day to perform, for technical requirement and rehearsal scheduling.
- The artist/band must be available to perform at Midem in Cannes on the date allocated by the Midem team for the showcase. The date and schedule of the showcase will be communicated by the Midem team once the programme is confirmed.
- The artist/band is requested to handle visa formalities when needed.
- The artist/band must provide Midem with all administrative documentation before mid-April 2019.
- The artist/band manager must ensure that each performing artist signs a contract with Midem before performing.
Midem will provide the finalists with the following:
- A live showcase at Midem in front of delegates and the general public.
- State-of-the-art facilities for PA/lighting/stage.
- Standard backline.
- Professional assistance by Midem’s technical and logistics team.
- Administrative formalities and artist’s salary.